Wednesday, August 10, 2011

3 videos

1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
Pollock- he won an award for his splatter painting and then planned to make a large, more interactive piece. it's so strange to me how down to Earth famous painters about their work and their obvious talent.

Italian Renaissance- when artists re-found their love and passion for their work, and didn't just paint natural things like the ancient Italians did. 

Non-Western Art- I never knew that Paris had a world fair that ran for 8 months. Things like that are so great because you can go to one place that showcases so many places.

2. Do the videos relate to the creation of your Art Criticism project? If yes, explain how. If no, explain why not.
Yes, because they deal with Italian art, that went from traditional to more whimsical.

3. What is your opinion of the films? Do they add depth to understanding of art criticism?
It helps with my understanding because I can hear the way that artists respond to questions, so I know what questions to ask myself and what answers I should find from art.

No comments:

Post a Comment