Friday, July 29, 2011

1800-1945 videos

1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
I chose Dada and Surrealism and Expressionism because I wanted to learn more about them, and I wanted to see more examples.

2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
Dada and Surrealism- Surrealism was the successor of the Dada movement, which was born in response to World War 1. I enjoyed the work that was shown of Dali, his imagination is so inspiring to think outside the box. I also enjoyed the shapes and bright colors used in Schwitters' art.

Expressionism- this type of art uses color to emphasize emotions.  These emotions are not only just happiness, depression and love, but also the sexuality between man and woman, which is very deep.

2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
They explain these two types of art in such detail, and give many more examples, as well as back stories behind each example.


3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
I really enjoyed these films.  The films always help me understand the chapters, but the videos seem to be getting better and better, or maybe I am just getting better at understanding them.

No comments:

Post a Comment