Sunday, July 24, 2011

mask project

1. Upload the three (3) inspiration images to your Blog (or link to your Photobucket account). Explain why you selected the inspiration pieces.

I chose this mask because I love the color green, and I plan to make my mask bright green, possibly the entire mask shades of green.

I chose this picture because all of the masks are so different and they each have their own unique personalities.  They are all amazing in their own ways.

I chose this mask because, although it is the devil, I like the colors used, and that it is out of the ordinary.



2. Include the analysis and description (art criticism steps) of the three (3) inspiration pieces.
In all three photos I liked the way that color and shape was used.  Shape especially in the picture of the devil mask.  Even though all three were 3D, the eyes pop out way out of the face, and it's hard to explain what I think of when I see it, but I like it.

3. Upload images of your sketchs and finished piece.
(in next blog entry)

4. Explain how you used the Elements and Principles in your finished mask.
I used color and shape in my entire mask.  I tried to also use balance to make sure that when someone looks at it it makes sense.  I didn't want it to look like a mess painted green, but I did want it to look creative.

5. Share your opinion of your finished mask and what you thought about creating the mask.
I started when this module opened so I would be able to make a very creative mask.  I was a TA in an art class in high school so I knew how to make paper mache masks (and had bought the supplies to do with the kids at camp) so I decided to try it out before I took it to work.  I am so pleased with the way it turned out.  Its not perfect, and I didn't want it to be. It's my favorite color and it has a welcoming look about it. I enjoyed this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment