Friday, July 29, 2011

modern and postmodernvideos.

1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
I chose the video about the 50's and 60's and Andy Warhol because I am interested in both of those subjects and would like to learn more.

2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
50's and 60's- the whole video was old fashioned themed, even in the beginning with the color, music and font. Photographs were becoming popular, and everyday items were now being used as art, and avant garde was also being used.

Andy Warhol- he was known for silk screening and repeating an already iconic image into many others to form one giant art piece, which itself became iconic.

2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
The videos talk more indepth about these time periods and give many, many examples.


3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
I enjoyed these videos because they expanded my knowledge for this class and my personal knowledge which is also good because sometimes I think I should have been born in that time period; the art is so beautiful and simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment