Friday, July 15, 2011

4 videos

1. Explain why you selected each of the FOUR videos you choose from the selection listed above.
I chose the first 4 videos I saw.  I usually choose them randomly, but since we had to watch multiple videos this was the easiest way.

2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
The Drawings of Michelangelo- Michelangelo was a perfectionist which was made obvious in his amazingly detailed drawings.

Leonardo Da Vinci: The Mind of the Renaissance- Leonardo Da Vinci masters the art of just about anything imaginable to make art out of, which works with the Renaissance style and the phrase "Renaissance Man".

The Power of Art: Caravaggio- Much of this video has to do with the church, just like in the text.

La Primavera- This work can be interpreted many different ways, which is why I am very glad I got to watch this video.
2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
They explain in depth more examples of each type of art.

3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
I enjoyed the films.  I especially enjoy works of art that have many different interpretations because every time you look at it you see something you didn't notice before.

No comments:

Post a Comment