Monday, July 4, 2011

Installation

A. What is installation art?
The art takes over and defines the space that is occupies. 
A sculpture that is all around you.

B. What materials are used installation art?
Anything the artist chooses to use.  It can be a represetation of yourself, or anything you want.

C. Why make installation art? 
It provokes the mind and makes the onlooker think why it would be there, and the answers are endless.


D. Which artist/installation did I find most interesting?
I liked "20/50" by Richard Wilson.  It was very interesting.

A. From the material reviewed, is there a inspiration piece that I feel a connection with?
I like Richard Wilson's "She Came in Through the Bathroom Window" because he actually used the museum and took out a window and used it for his installation.

B. What theme do I want to explore in my installation? Refer to your textbook if you need to review Themes of Art. (chapter 3 in text)
(Nature, Environment, Self, Mass Media, Consumerism, etc.)
I want my theme to be self and reflect some of the things that I do in my home because those items and mediums are what I have access to.


C. What materials will I use?
I will be using a table, nail polish and embrodery floss because when I am at home at have nothing to do those are the items I use the most.

D. Where will this installation be located and why?
This will be located in my living room because, other than my room, it is where I spend the most time in my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment