Sunday, July 17, 2011

hand drawing


1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing? It was difficult because when I moved my hand it no longer matched what I was drawing.
2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why? I chose a thin charcoal because I thought it would show up better.
3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand? It was difficult to even grip the pencil.
4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies? I think they show which is my dominant hand, although neither are very good.
5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future? Most likely not.  This assignment did make me miss drawing; I used to all the time and then I just stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment